Coronavirus Vaccination Programme for Bedford
Update 24th March 2021
As of 24th March, GP surgeries in Bedford will no longer be routinely booking in first dose coronavirus vaccine appointments, as the service is now moving to deliver second doses. If you believe you are eligible for a first dose due to age (over 50 years) or identified as at risk, please contact your GP practice as soon as possible to book an appointment.
If you have previously declined the vaccination, you can still take the vaccination offer up. Please phone us if you have changed you mind, and we will book your appointment.
- Kings House Conference Centre on Ampthill Road, MK42 9AZ
- Guru Nanak Gurdwara Temple on Ford End Road, Queens Park, MK40 4JX
Making Your Decision
To help you make your decision to have the Covid-19 vaccination, this video clip that was shown on TV on 18th February may be useful:
These are the defined groups by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation, and are referred to as groups or cohorts.
Some do’s and don’ts
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment – not too early or late, as this is a complicated process and timing is going to be a challenge.
- Please wear a short sleeved top under your coat, so that the vaccination team have easy access to your arm.
- You will need to wear a face mask or covering.
- Please attend on your own, unless you need someone with you for support, to minimise the number of people present.
- Be prepared for this to take a little time – as you will have a 15 minute monitoring period after your vaccination, so you will not be leaving straight away.
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- You must have a 4 week gap between a covid positive test or covid symptoms and having your vaccination.