Bedford Hospital NHS Trust encourages the staff working at GP practices, their patients and residents, particularly those from Bedford Borough, to become Foundation Trust Members to have a say on their local hospital.
“Bedford Hospital belongs to you – become a member and have your say”…
Gordon Johns, Member and Chair of Bedford Hospital NHS Trust
Plans are progressing to merge Bedford Hospital NHS Trust with the Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation. They are looking to expand their Foundation Trust Membership to include people from across the whole of Bedfordshire and surrounding counties to ensure the membership represents the population both hospitals serve.
What is a Foundation Trust Member
As a foundation trust both the hospitals once merged will become accountable to their local community they serve.
What are the benefits:
- You will receive newsletters and updates from the Trust
- You can have your say and influence the way the Trust runs its affairs
- You have direct access to the Council of Governors to raise any concerns and offer ideas
- You will receive invitations to members’ meetings and medical lectures given by hospital staff
- You elect the Governors
- You can stand for election as a Governor
- You are eligible for Health Service discounts via on-line shopping
Who can become a member
Anyone can become a member, it’s free and easy to sign up and you can help influence the way your hospital is run.
How to become a member!
To become a member complete the online form at:
Email FTMembership@ldh.nhs.uk or call on 01582 718333 requesting for a membership application form.